Sorry Ralph’s, but I’m ripping you off.
We’re all guilty of impulsively purchasing simple dishes from the salad bar that could easily be reproduced on our own for half the price. But you’re in a hurry. You’re hungry. Your decision-making has been maxed for the day.
Routinely I entered Ralph’s and grabbed a small $6 portion of edamame salad from the salad bar, always thinking “Next time I’ll make it myself.” However, as 2016 started and the budget tightened, the need to cut costs while eating healthy has escalated from nice-to-have to necessity.
Enjoy the protein-packed benefits of my favorite edamame salad that is insanely easy to assemble – now that I finally have.
Edamame Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 1 bag of frozen edamame or 1 cup fresh edamame
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 onion – I used sweet onion
- 1 can of corn
- 1/4 cup Reduced fat feta cheese
- Oil + balsamic
- Salt + pepper
- Thaw edamame and cook quinoa
- Dice 1/2 onion and sauteé
- Dice red bell pepper
- Season corn with salt and pepper
- Combine ingredients and enjoy with light oil + balsamic and salt + pepper!