There are times when I want to impress people. And then there are times that I simply want to hunt for Jell-O shots inside of Easter eggs as if I was an alcoholic 5 year old.
Things I DO have time to do
- Mix a Jell-O packet with Vodka
- Pour it inside eggs
- Persuade a friend’s boyfriend to hide them
- Hunt for them & eat them
Things I DO NOT have time to do:
- Purchase a food syringe
- Use the food syringe to insert jello mix via a hole in the plastic egg
- Layer multiple flavors of Jell-O to make them pretty
- Plan a formal party for my friends to enjoy perfect eggs
The Lazy Girl’s Jell-O Shot Easter Eggs
After years of mishaps, this is the easiest way that I have found to Jell-O shot eggs for Easter.
1. Go to your local grocery store and purchase
- Jell-O packet
- “Easter Favorites Easter Eggs” with the chocolates inside
- A bottle of Vodka (if you don’t already have a half-drank one stashed if your freezer like me)
2. Use 2 empty egg cartons to hold the tops and bottoms of the plastic eggs
And if you’re me, eat all of the mini Cadbury eggs hiding inside the blue ones within 30 seconds.
Make the Jell-O shots:
- Boil 1 cup of water
- Stir in Jell-O packet for 2 minutes
- Stir in 1/2 cup cold water + 1/2 cup Vodka (or more if you’re feeling frisky)
3. Use a ladle to distribute Jell-O shot mix into the tops and bottoms of the eggs
4. Chill in the refrigerator until solid & re-assemble your eggs
Then convince someone to hide them for you. Also, bunny ears makes it more fun.
- Most plastic Easter eggs have a whole in the bottom of them which is why I used the “Easter Favorites Easter Eggs.” If you purchase plastic eggs with holes in the bottom, I would recommend using a hot glue gun to fill the hole. One year I used tape, and it was a mess.
- If you want to get fancy by creating egg-shaped shots, purchase the plastic eggs with a whole in the bottom. Use a food syringe to add the Jell-O mix through the hole while top and bottom of the egg are attached.
- When hunting for eggs, do not leave them in the sun for too long. One year my friend and I dressed as bunnies in spandex unitards, hunted for eggs in an acre-wide yard and looked like vampires as we shoved half-melted cherry Jell-O shots in our mouthes.